October 23rd(Tue) - 26th(Fri), 2018/ Pyeongchang Alpensia, Gangwon, Korea
Submission of Abstract
June 19, 2018
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
June 22, 2018
Submission of Full Paper
August 14August 24, 2018
Notification of Final Acceptance
August 31September 7, 2018
TODAY 2019. 10. 15
The International Symposium on Architectural Interchanges in Asia (ISAIA) is a biennial international symposium cosponsored by the Architectural Institute of Korea (AIK) together with the Architectural Society of China (ASC) and the Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ).
The 12th ISAIA is scheduled to be held on October 23∼26, 2018 in Pyeongchang, Korea and hosted by AIK. The organizing committee of ISAIA welcomes professors, architects, building engineers, researchers and students to take part in the symposium and contribute papers.
THEME: Confluence of Architecture in the Age of Super Connectivity
Confluence is a situation in which two things join or come together. It can connect people, things, fields of study, time, and ideas in the age of super connectivity. Nothing great can be accomplished without collaborations, just as great rivers are the results from the merge of numerous small streams. Not only science and technology, but humanities and cultures are being fused in recent architectural space. Sharing knowledge, space, and even cars is becoming the creative commons for all. It is time to discuss and share new ideas crossing over various fields from the perspective of confluence in architecture.
- 11th ISAIA “Resilience and Diversity -Rethinking Asian Architecture for the Next Generation” Sep. 20-23, 2016 Sendai, Japan
- 10th ISAIA “Cultural Elements in Architectural Advancement” Oct. 14-17, 2014 Hangzhou, China
- 9th ISAIA “Technological Advancements in Architecture” Oct. 22-25, 2012 Gwangju, Korea
- 8th ISAIA “Asian View Order and Wisdom for the Future” Nov. 9-12, 2010 Kitakyushu, Japan
- 7th ISAIA “Urban Renewal and Architecture Creation” Oct. 15-17, 2008 Beijing, China
- 6th ISAIA “A+T : Neo-Value in Asian Architecture” Oct.25-28, 2006 Daegu, Korea
- 5th ISAIA “Global Environment and Diversity of Asian Architecture” Jun. 1-4, 2004 Matsue, Japan
- 4th ISAIA “Resource Architecture and Modern Technology” Sep. 17-19, 2002 Chongjin, China
- 3rd ISAIA “Challenges and Roles of Asian Architecture for the New Millennium” Feb.23-25, 2000 Jeju, Korea
- 2nd ISAIA “Asian Architecture in th 21st Century” Sep.8-10, 1998 Kobe, Japan
- 1st ISAIA Sep. 6-12, 1986 Fukuoka, Kyoto and Tokyo, Japan
- Official Language for the symposium will be English.